Wednesday, February 11, 2026

 TALKING TO YOURSELF 

Some people like to talk out loud to themselves, or sing (even if they have a terrible voice 😊) or hum or whistle when they are alone. They discuss things with themselves or with "others" (they imagine😊 ) Sometimes I do the same. I can honestly say that I have a lot of fun when I do this. First of all I'm fucking funny. Unfortunately.

Now don't take that as immodesty, because I'm not saying that other people think I'm funny, I'm saying that I laugh at myself when I'm performing myself😊 Now that's getting insane 😊)) I do stand ups and laugh myself to death. You won't believe it, but really! 

If you haven't tried this talking out loud to yourself, try it! 

By the way, my husband read somewhere that people who talk to themselves are very intelligent people. Well, I don't know. I'm not very intelligent, but I talk to myself often. And another very very very very dear friend of mine once said that it's normal and that everyone does it (maybe not everyone out loud 😊) 

And if you like reading, there's a very interesting article about it here, where they write positive things about the qualities of people who talk to themselves out loud:

https://artfulparent.com/k-psychology-says-people-who-talk-to-themselves-out-loud-usually-display-these-8-unique-traits/

Coming back to the humour, I'll just tell you that there's a so, so good film series about a British female standup. 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel'

 This woman is phenomenal! I love everything about her. The way she dresses, the way she talks, the way she lives...I don't think she's a family woman. But check her out! And who is even more phenomenal than her in the film is her manager Susie Mayerson. She is really funny and I can only repeat myself that this series is very very very very good. Unfortunately there will be no more seasons I think. Otherwise all the characters are very good. The whole movie is very nice, the costumes, the makeup, the venues, everything, everything... So you can't be disappointed! I didn't make it 😊If you don't watch the series (then know that you're missing out a lot 😊) but here's a little summary of what the story is:

"It's the late 1950s and Miriam "Midge" Maisel has everything she has ever wanted -- the perfect husband, two kids and an elegant apartment on New York's Upper West Side. Her seemingly idyllic life takes a surprising turn when she discovers a hidden talent she didn't previously know she had -- stand-up comedy. This revelation changes her life forever as she begins a journey that takes her from her comfortable life on the Upper West Side through the cafes and nightclubs of Greenwich Village as she makes her way through the city's comedy industry on a path that could ultimately lead her to a spot on the "Tonight Show" couch. „ https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_marvelous_mrs_maisel



No comments:

Post a Comment

 CATS "For a long time, I didn't know that I loved cats this much, but honestly, here in Istanbul, it is very hard not to fall in l...