Monday, February 23, 2026

 Who designs the pattern of the biscuits? 😊 It's not a riddle, but a kind of wondering about things, what you see a thousand times. 

Here in Turkey, there are a lot of different kinds of biscuits in the shops and each one has a different pattern and I was thinking (or rather wondering) if there is such a thing as a "biscuit designer"? 😊 I guess there is. Anyway, not only are there lots of different kinds of biscuits but they're pretty cheap too. There's a great selection. There are filled and unfilled biscuits. They are really excellent on their own or with coffee or tea. These are the so-called "bisküvi"-s in turkish. The word is a bit like the English word 'biscuit', so it's not hard to remember.



These biscuits or bisküv-s are great because they are packaged in small packs and can fit even in your pocket when you go out. That way, if you get hungry you don't have to eat out somewhere, you can just take your little biscuit out of your little pocket and eat just a little bit 💥 and you don't feel hungry anymore. It's great, isn't it? Yes, it is! 😊

The world has changed so much and not in a long time. I'm surprised every time that " Simit'-s are slowly becoming "unaffordable". I was talking to a Turkish friend of mine who is studying abroad and he said (and I agree) that in Turkey it's not the prices are high, it's the salaries are low. So 'simit', for example, is becoming a nostalgia product, which means you buy one or two because it's tasty, but just rarely, but ( as I mentioned earlier) it was a "staple food" a few years ago.

What I really enjoy here, that you can find a wide variety of biscuits in bakeries, pastry shops and shops. Some of them are quite easy to make at home. They called "kurabiye" in Turkish. For example, I make apple biscuit at home, which we love and is really very easy to make. Here I am sharing with you the video from what I learned to make this cake:

I really love it, because it doesn't need many ingredients and it's relatively quick to prepare and you can eat it for days because it doesn't harden over time, it softens like a good gingerbread😊 and it's so delicious. I haven't had the chance to test exactly how many days this biscuit  keeps well because it's going to be gone very quickly at home. 

                                                                   (these are made by me 😊)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 CATS "For a long time, I didn't know that I loved cats this much, but honestly, here in Istanbul, it is very hard not to fall in l...