TIME AND SPACE
The words "forever" and "never" mean different lengths of time for different people 😊 For some people, "never" means a few minutes and "forever" means a day. For some people it means a few weeks or months or years, but for others it means a lifetime and more. So it's not a calendar time, it depends on how someone is feeling at the moment.
You can not know in advance how long something would last, because nothing is guaranteed. In fact, even those who say such words don't know exactly what they are saying😊 or what does this mean in time. All you can know is that it is probably (due to some strange dramatic reason) true at the moment for the person who says it.
Emphasiseing "dramatic" qualities, people like to use such finite words as "forever" and "never". And there's no reason not to believe that they meant what they"ve said. But because things are changeing, people are changeing, moods are changeing, situations are changeing, the words that they say can change, because everything is so uncertain that only uncertainty is certain. 😊
There is measurable time, measured by clocks, calendars, etc. and there is the so-called 'psychological time', which cannot be measured by tools, but it is just as real as the measured one. Everyone has experienced this. Forexample, when we want to achieve or get rid of soemthing can changes our sensation of the time. Or when we really want to be somewhere but it will be days to get there, time seems to be "ticking away". It's just not moving. Whatever we do. And when we're there, suddenly all the time seems short and it goes by so fast, as if the days were just minutes. So we all know this kind of feeling.
And there is also space that cannot be measured. I don't mean the space in the universe and the black stuff there, but the space that is inside of us. The one we "imagine" to be inside of our bodies. I don't mean our organs, but one kind of "mental space". Where our thoughts, our memories, our ideas are moving. It is a kind of space that seems endless.
It cannot be measured with tools. Although I have wondered recently if there will be a device to observe this space and to listen to people's thoughts fantasies, memories and such. I suppose many of you are familiar with George Orwell's great work the 1984, and in it there is the "Thought Police" which is a fictional law enforcement agency responsible for surveilling and punishing individuals. This is a fiction written on 1948, but may not be very far to become real.
And another example of such kind of fiction, is in one of my favorite movies, in the 'Minority Report', which was based on the Philip K. Dick's novell written from 2002, where police utilize a psychic technology to arrest and convict morderers before they commit the crime. Which is an interesting idea, I might say, but come on, who wouldn't kill thousand times his mother in law in their mind, who would dream of killing their loud dirty neighbours million times in their mind when they are fed up with their behaviour, but they would never do it! This is ridicouls to arrest somebody just by thinking about something. How thoughts are never come to life? I can tell you. Just the pervious days I was thinking about many time to bake a wonderful cake with sream and fruits and such..and! I never don it...and probably I never would or who knows. And this is only a cake!!!! Don't you think there is several blocks in people to not to kill someone, even if they think about it? Yes, of course there are many things which would never ever let someoone to commit a murder....so how can anyone "predict" by only thoughts what or what not someone would do. No way!
It would be more usefull to invent a device which can find the murderes in no time or the people or children who went missing. This is usefull! This would serve our interest! This is realistic! This is neccessary!
But what ever I say, perhaps in the not too distant future, a device could be implemented to monitor people's thoughts. That, I think would be a very dangerous thing and would be a serious harm against human rights, free will and privacy. I hope it will never happen, and that would be a real crime. Noone can predict anything! Noone!
Not to mention how terrifying it would be in the hands of those who, themselves are full of fears, confusion, hatered, resentment and violence, causing irreversibale invents.
No comments:
Post a Comment