... but there are some things I can't pass by without saying a word....
and I will write about them too.
First I will write about a nice thing...
So the nice things... Not so long ago I got acquainted with an instrument and I'm lucky enought to have one at home, it's called a baglama. It has a beautiful body! It is a long necked, pear shaped stringed instrument with 6 strings.
The strings are very thin and are arranged in twos on the instrument, and two of the strings are very close to each other, so it is recommended to play it with a pick. Unfortunately I can't play it yet, but I hope to learn in time. However there is a famous turkish musician, who can play it beautifully
I have not yet attended to a concert where someone has played it but it is a very common instrument in Turkey and you can often see street musicians playing it. It is also on TV in music shows and often heard as background music in films or various shows.
It has a very nice sound..
....although it is perhaps a bit "metallic" (and therefore maybe not my favourite), but that's not surprising as the strings are made of metal.
Now I'll tell you something that I can't get over since I've been living in this country. Child labour!!!!!!?????
It's completely natural here although it is illegal. And it hurts me very much.
I sometimes see kids with these huge wheelie bags collecting garbage on the streets...
(because it's a way to make money) and I see that many times the bag and the garbage inside is three times the size of the kid. And the kids pull these carts between cars sometimes and the cart is so heavy that the kid is lifted off the roadway.
And in the winter when it's freezing cold they are without a coat, sometimes in slippers and they do this without any complaint and in the summer when it's 40 degrees in the sun. And the worst thing is that they have to try to avoid cars or move out of the way of cars...
Anyway, how could they move away as there is no room on the road, sometimes one person with nothing or a small bag can't even pass another person with such a narrow side walk and one of them has to step off onto the road where the cars are speeding and sometimes they are not polite to passers-by, and the least not to these poor litter children...
Jesus Christ, man! How can this happen in the 21 century????? I feel very much ashamed that this is allowed by the human society and I feel very very sorry for these children, not just the children but the young people and adults who do this and live in such difficult circumstances and are looked down upon or ignored as if they are not human.
I cannot go without saying something about this. A child should not have to work. Let's not allow this anymore! A small child needs protection and health and joy...
....and the opportunity to develop, not to freeze or starve to death in the street in winter or get heatstroke in summer because they have to survive in such a horribly difficult way. This should not be allowed!
Children must be protected by adults and they must make sure that they can have as many good and beautiful things as possible and learn as much as possible and can have access to healthcare for free so that they can build a beautiful world and be happy and that young people should have have a future... And the adults who have to do this kind of work must at least have some appreciation, because it is a very very hard job.
This is what I wanted to say. We still have a lot to learn.



















No comments:
Post a Comment