Yesterday I went to the European side of Istanbul to pick up my husband after his work (sometimes I do this on Fridays to have some fun together after his working week).
We were walking in the part of the city called “Sultanahmet”.
This is the most popular touristic place in Istanbul. Here are the most well know
touristic attractions, the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, the Basilica Cictern and
the Spice Bazaar and the Grand Bazaar.
So we have
just passed a small square near the tramp stop called “Cemberlitas” and I saw a
huge column and an explanation just next to the column explained that it is the
Column of Constantin, which is the oldest surviving monuments of Istanbul.
https://istanbultourstudio.com/things-to-do/column-of-constantine
Now it is only a column (first I thought it was a huge chimney 😊 ) with nothing on the top of it, however…it would be nice to have there something 😊
This morning I was a bit in a nostalgic mood and remembered our Silo's Message community in Istanbul, where some of us liked the fifth Principle from the Message book, the so called "Acceptance" principle. This one:
"If day and night, summer and winter are well with you, you have surpassed the contradictions."
Silo’s Message, XIII. The principles
I think this was liked by us because somehow we all wished to be in peace with ourselves and with the permanent changes in our life we went through and which is anyway inevitable. Things are always in moving in dynamic, nothing is static, nothing stays the same. Even this second is different from the previous one…not only things are different and are changing permanently but also us, people. We are different in each second.
Our body is changing, our thoughts are changing even our beliefs are changing…but we are always craving for stability.
And this seems a little bit 💥of contradiction. Why do we want stability? Why do we expect from everybody to be just the same as they were before? How difficult is to change when we want something deep but our environment doesn't support us. And sometimes it can happen that they kind of resist and they want you to be back the “old one of you” but we not that anymore.
Many times this can make to change things even more difficult,than they would be if we could get the neccessary support for our loved ones, because the immediate environment is the one who we rely on the most. We need them and they need us, so we are attached in a way to each other.
Silo said somewhere (I don’t know the exact origin…sorry) something like this, "you shouldn't desperatley depend on others"...and I can't agree more on this. You are who you are and you are there always for yourself.
Another quote came to my mind from him what I liked a lot, because it’s radiating strength and courage
to rebel for liberation.
“Free yourself from fear!
Do not fear persecution for speaking the
truth!
Do not fear losing what you have!
Don't be afraid of your loved ones leaving
you, and don't be afraid to leave them because of your faith!
Do not fear God, do not fear Religion, do
not fear the State, do not fear the powerful, nor the wise! Fear not poverty,
fear not death!
Fear only the one who destroys your spirit!”
Silo

















No comments:
Post a Comment