To go back to the topic of love...
...( I think this topic is inexhaustible) a little bit 💥 I was thinking about what the Platonic love is. I talked to someone who had an experience with this type of love.
So when I asked him how did this happen to him and why didn’t he call out that girl for a date, he said that he was too shy.
He also said that his love lasted for several years and he was suffering during all those times from it. I was very sorry to hear that but at the same time it was completely incomprehensible to me.
What??? Why not to tell to the person whom you are in love with that you love her....
...and like this to overcome from your fear and even maybe (in the best case) it could turn out that this other person also loves you or would be happy to be with you.
Or... to be rejected clearly....
...and not to be always in a day dream and to be able to step further (because in my opinion when you are rejected it maybe easier to go on than just not knowing it and let yourself led by illusions)...
....or to learn that this person is really awful and than you could be tottally disillusioned…
....or there could be many different other scenaryo.
Anyway this is not a judgement I’m just thinking out loud…
I thought that it is one kind of love which someone choose to do on free will not out of fear. So I was really curious what the Platonic love was....
....by definition and I’ve checked the Wikipedia and found an explanation. In short this is the Platonic love: “…a type of love in which sexual desire or romantic features are nonexistent or have been suppressed, sublimated, or purgated, but it means more than simple friendship.”
I just came to think about this topic while I was listening a music where different love promises were sang and I was a bit smiling about it inside me...this was a hungarian song so not all of you willl understand the lyrics, however I will share it with you, because I liked the music...

...but than... why?...why the promises are so fatalistic sometimes…why saying such things like..." I will never lie to you"... “I’ll love you forever” “You are the only one” “My love is eternal for you”…I mean, how do you know? Today you love this person, maybe tomorrow you will love another one…so why to use so fatalistic expressions when in love….? Although in that moment you might feel that but who knows what will the future bring?
And than I was thinking… many times I hear here in Turkey...
...people are saying to each other even to people whom they’ve just met recently or haven’t seen a person for a long time but they are not romantically involved or are not relatives or not even very close friends….“I love you”....
....and seems it is something very common and habitual thing for them.
However foreigners might not know this and could understand in a different way, not as habitual as them, so this shouldn’t be taken very seriously unless you know that the person is really in love with you.
In any case if love cause suffering probaly that’s not good for anyone.
Silo mentioned different things related to love in different places but here is one which I like a lot:
"5. At times, wise men have recommended love...
... as a protective shield....
...against the blows of suffering. But this deceptive word
“love,” what does it mean to you? Does
it mean getting even for the past, or instead a fresh, new, untainted adventure
launched toward an unknown future?
6. Just as I have seen solemnity
grotesquely cloak the ridiculous, just as I have seen an empty seriousness cast
its pall over the grace of talent, so have I recognized in many loves a
vindictive self-affirmation.
7. What image have you of the wise? Is it not true that you conceive of them as solemn beings, slow of gesture; as beings who have suffered enormously and with this merit beckon you from on high with gentle phrases in which they repeat the word “love?”
8. I have seen in all the truly wise a child running playfully....
... through the world of ideas and things, creating generous and brilliant bubbles, only to burst them...
...In the sparkling eyes of all who are truly wise I have seen “the light feet of joy, dancing toward the future.” And very seldom have I heard them utter the word “love,” for the truly wise never promise in vain."
Silo, Humanize the Earth, Contradition and unity





























No comments:
Post a Comment