Thursday, November 6, 2025




COMPLAINT AND CULTURE

So human evil, carelessness and deliberate malice often leaves me upset. It is difficult to oversee these. I don't know why but sometimes people ignore what's going on with other people. For example, living together is something that's not easy. Even within a family. But in a house where several people live together, it's probably even harder. 


Everyone wants to be able to do what they want at home and some people don't give a damn what the neighbour thinks or if the neighbour has a child or asthma or whatever problem, or just washed his clothes or doesn't want to sit in other people's smoke all day or have smoke in his clean clothes or furniture or want to sleep at night and not partying. In a "fight" like this, the winner is the one who is the most ignorable or the stinkyest 😊 or the rudest. We live together in a house where there are ignorant and tolerant people both, as everywhere else. We smoke too...but on the balcony. And we air out the flat (especially since it's not our flat as we rent it and try to keep it as clean as possible...  but anyway if we leave they'll paint it). 

I admit, if you smoke it's hard to have as clean air in your home, as if nobody smokes... but why does the neighbour "smoke in my flat"? How is that possible? I didn't really understand it for a long time either, I just noticed this: Before I leave home, I hang out my washed clothes in the room, leave my home in fresh smell and airy and when I return home I arrive in a "gas chamber" or not so long after the "chimney mode" starts ...well it's not gas, it's smoke. 

So the clean clothes smell of cigarett smoke, heavy with some kind of oily goo. In the evening, when we are at home, it appears in the flat as a pungent smell and a stinky, heavy  fume that irritates the throat, makes you feel dizzy and takes the oxygen out of the room. You have to keep open the windows, which is quite impossibel during the night when you re sleeping but your nice neighbours don't just smoking all night long.. It's especially pleasant in autumn and winter when it's cold outside.

So there are two "interesting" things here in Turkey (here comes the 'culture') that can make life miserable for you.

These are the 1, cigar (puro):

                                                https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puro

and 2, the water pipe (nargile):  

When you're just sitting at home you might not feel the smell, because you've been in them for a while, but you can feel the effects. You may then experience symptoms mentioned above (so again: strange perfume-like smell mixed with smoke, throat scratching, hoarseness, nasal congestion, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, nausea, stomach or abdominal pain, loss of appetite, restlesness, and sleeping problems etc.).  Waterpipe is used in legal settings with tobacco and various aromas, in non-legal settings with various drugs such as marijuana and so on ( for your information: the time being marijuana is not a legal drug in Turkey) which if used in waterpipe I don't know exactly what the symptoms are. It could be like laughing while you're stinking of your own shit.

 It takes about 1 hour to smoke a pipe. This generates a very gross amount and quality of smoke around you and if you are being breathed on by your neighbour on a daily basis...then you really sucked (as we did).

There are also other interesting cigarettes here. Electric ones that let out about the same amount of smoke as a chimney...

Now these are all "pleasant" things when your neighbour is sitting in it all day long without opening their window and it seeps into your flat. The smoke usually rises. But the smoke from waterpipe is oily, because of the aromas they are using with the tobbaco and this kind of smoke covers everything also  downwards, with this stinking oily staff.

I smoke too. I smoke light cigarettes, let's say 5 a day max. 

But I don't blow it into other people's faces, I don't smoke in the flat and I don't store the smoke in the flat. But! Not everyone is like me, so there are different kinds of people. I'm not saying they're bad people, just that they don't really care about their environment and others. Sorry, but this is how it is. 

                                                    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/555420566520995529/

I mean, when we get this huge amount of smoke that has already soaked into our furniture (and I have no idea how the fuck I'm going to get rid of it ), I wonder what it smells like where they are smoking it all day long...well, horrible I guess. Now I can only share this part of this culture with such a tone 😞, maybe next time I'll talk about alcohol, because that's worth "complaining" about 😊 or maybe something else, what I can't complaint about  😊 However I can promise that I will survive. Not like Gloria Gaynor... because that would be a very big cliché and you wouldn't be surprised if I said. So, no.  But I will do it the way I can survive.


If you like my blog, posts, my photos or  just me 😊 you can support my work here: 








No comments:

Post a Comment

 CATS "For a long time, I didn't know that I loved cats this much, but honestly, here in Istanbul, it is very hard not to fall in l...