My today post will be mainly about some woman issues.
Let me share you first this music video from where I took the photo. This is an amazing, powerfull, energetic, beautiful women above and very impressive the way she is dancing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXGL7xY
Sometimes people
ask me how old I am, I'm 53 but many doesn’t beleive it because they think I'm at least 10 years younger than my age is.
But it is not important how old is somebody or how old this person look like, but more important to enjoy life and to have purpose in it.
I never think about how old I am and don't ask others about it either, because all that matters to me is what kind of person is the other person.
I guess in my
case that I look younger, could be genetic, because my mum was often mistaken
for my sister as also looked much younger than her age.
I drink a lot of water...
...I eat relatively little meat, I'm a bit careful not to eat too much, but I do eat a lot of sweets and chips 😊 (because I love them) and take a walk when I can. When the weather is really bad and I feel like cold, instead of walking, I dance at home, in my little room...and when I find good music it can last for an hour or more...it's almost like an ecstasy and I don't even have to go to the gym because it's better than cardio, but I don't do it for weight loss (of course that doesn't hurt) but for the pleasure, because I love to dance and I love the rhytm.
As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts the
weather is very changeable in Istanbul, even in December (one day it's
spring, 15 degrees, bright and sunny, the next day it's winter, 2 degrees,
rain) it's hard to know how to dress when you leave home, not to be too warm or
too cold.
You also have to
take it into account that there might be rain from out of nowhere and you
should avoid to not to get your feet wet in your shoes. So you need different
types of clothes (waterproof, breathable etc. Especially if you are doing jogging
or walking as a sport).
If a woman is around my age, you might have to
also consider the arrival of menopause. Well, it's really difficult to get
dressed, because you're sweating all the time, even if it's 2 degrees...and
sometimes it's unpleasant, because you're stinky by the time you get to the
store, even though you've had a shower just 10 minutes ago and you've put on
clean clothes…still…
You might have a headache and feeling dizzy, you are out of breath (because most women, also because of the monthly menstruation, are in iron deficit which has a big role in oxygen uptake). You are constantly opening the windows (but of course not everyone understands this, because they are feeling cold in winter..but you can't breathe and you sweat) You are constantly changeing your weight because of the whole homonal system of yours are getting crazy and many times your are straving like a wolf and craving for chocolate all the time. So you are gaining weight easily and you can loose it just with a very very hard work again…but you try and than again you put on weith…
You have to wash
your clothes every day (it’s not very economical, but what can you do) so they
don't stink when you stack them up at home...because you have to change your shirt
every hour because of sweating.
So there's the
menopause and monthly bleeding issue that affects women seriously,
psychologically, physically and financially. How is that?
You have to spend a lot of money on hygiene pads every month, on iron supplements and vitamins to help the iron absorbation, painkillers, deodorants, shower gel, soap, washing powder, rinse aids (…really, why aren't the hygiene pads given for free or at a minimal price...I don't understand why someone is allowed to make a fucking profit from out of other people's suffering????? Because neither monthly bleeding nor menopause is a great pleasure for any woman and can last for 25-30 years or more, and it’s happening every month...EVERY month...)
Those who are lucky have to experience less or no pain or not a lot of blood loss during their monthly menstruation. However those who are not lucky have to experience a lot of pain every month so strong that you can't even get out of bed, your stomach cramps or you have to go to the hospital for a painkiller injection because the pill doesn't work or you have so much blood loss that you can't that even the thickest pad gets soaked in half an hour and you can’t go out to the street beause not being able to change ont he way and get blood on your trousers…noone would like to see this and noone wants to experience this….I think.
By the way…I
don't understand how someone is expected to go to work like this?... and why
women in every country can't get paid leave and why this is a reason to negatively
discriminate women???
Here in Turkey
they sell many cosmetic products that are locally made, including sanitary
pads. The big international brands that
most women find good are very expensive, so I had to also think of a more
economical solution, because I can't afford it every month buying the expensive
big brands, so I tried some cheap ones. It is maybe cheap for me, but maybe for
someone else this cheap is not affordable. …I don't know, but I’m sure there are
much poorer people than me.
So l wanted to
reduce my expenses and find I good quality products, because it's not all the
same what you put between your feet…(excuse me for being honest but women knows
what I'm talking about) and the inconvenient or poor quality pad or sanitary or
tampon can cause health problems.
For now I'm just shareing my experience of two cheap daily sanitary pads I've tried. One I bought in a local cosmetic company shop, Gratis, whose own products are called 'Benri', 24 Tl ...
...and I found it to be very good quality, no discomfort, hardly noticeable, perfect for maintaining daily intimate cleanliness.
And the other from a local market , called ’Sok’. This is simply the cheapest pad available there (18 TL)...
...not the market’s own product. I was actually satisfied with this one
too, but I would recommend the first one more, the second one might be a little
uncomfortable for someone with more sensitive skin, like me, so I would
recommend this one for shorter periods of time, but it is worth a try too.
Next time I will write about other local products, as I am on a kind of "discovery journey" to find the ’cheapest and best value for money’ products for daily life.
..without music, what am I worth? Nothing...so music, from my favourite: Ed Sheeran, Bloodstream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQS2DEeQQ_Q


























No comments:
Post a Comment