A HAPPIER NEW YEAR
I’ve been feeling unwell for a while now…
and still am...
It’s the flu—something quite stubborn. My mom is sick too. Here in Budapest, it’s freezing, around -3 to -5°C.
New Year’s Eve was very quiet for me. I spent it at home with my family. We enjoyed a nice dinner and cake, and we watched movies on TV.
Outside, the streets were filled with the loud cracks and booms of firecrackers. From the window, I could see fireworks lighting up the sky. While they can bring joy, I often think about the impact they have on birds.
Did you know how harmful fireworks can be for them?
Birds & Blooms experts Kenn and Kimberly Kaufman have explained this:
“Just like many household pets, wild birds can be frightened by fireworks. Sometimes they are, in effect, scared to death. On New Year’s Eve 2010, approximately 5,000 red-winged blackbirds, grackles, and others died when fireworks were set off near their roosting site.
The birds, panicked by the noise, flew in confusion, many crashing into buildings or wires.
Such mass deaths are rare but happen when large groups of birds are nesting or roosting close together. Loud nighttime explosions disturb not only birds but also other wildlife.”
Let’s remember: we’re not the only living creatures on this planet.
Birds play a crucial role in maintaining our ecosystem, keeping the Earth as beautiful and livable as it is. It’s our responsibility to protect them. Instead of causing harm, let’s get to know these creatures and appreciate their beauty.
Please, please, please think before you act. There are other ways to have fun that don’t involve harming innocent creatures.
And now, welcome to 2025!
What will this year bring? That’s a mystery, but one thing is sure: the future will reflect what we do today.
I wish you all good health, gratitude, and strength in this new year. May your best dreams come true!
I hope to recover soon (along with my whole family) so I can meet my dear friends,
visit my favorite park,
walk around Budapest,

and take beautiful photos to share with you.
Here’s one of my favourite songs to brighten your day:























No comments:
Post a Comment